jueves, 11 de abril de 2013

Stack this, Baukit!

I'm not sure if this system counts as an example since its more of a technological design than an actual building example but I think it's a very interesting design with many applications still to be discovered. The real breakthrough is the geometry that allows a panel to fold up and then open to support itself structurally.

It's called QuaDror designed by Dror Benshetrit. What I find interesting is that it's a system that allows flat packing for transportation like the Baukit panel but it can be used with many different materials. The way it opens up means the panels themselves become smaller for shipping and then take up more space when deployed. I think it's a great example of More for Less.












1 comentario:

  1. I did not know this project but it is really fantastic. What I like the most is the solutions with steel because they find a way of achieving big spans with little material and little work on site.
    Indeed the folding structures have a great development.

    ResponderEliminar